Friday, November 21, 2008

Food Friday-Corn Pudding

Well im back! I am over my sickness, my house is back in order, and all of the chaos is over...haha. Its amazing how being sick can set you back so far, and on top of that I have just been plain BUSY! So anyways, I am happy to be blogging again.

So the recipe for today is one that is special to me, Corn Pudding. It is my Grandmas recipe. The first time she made it was at Thanksgiving many many years ago, and when I tried it I was like ohhhh man this is soooo good! So every year I would come over to help her cook she would say...." Jill are you going to make your Corn Pudding?" She always tried to make me feel special by letting me make something of my own. I miss cooking with my Grandma! Special times!

So here it is:

JIFFY CORN PUDDING (If you are cooking for a lg crowd I suggest doubling the recipe)

1 can whole kernel corn, drained

1 can cream corn

1 stick butter

1 (8 oz.) pkg. sour cream

1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix

1 (8oz) pkg. shreaded cheddar cheese

Melt butter in 8x8 dish. In a bowl Put in both cans of corn and then the sourcream. Mix together well. Sprinkle corn bread mix over corn mixture and stir all together. Pour into baking dish. Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees.

In the last 15 minutes of cooking top with the cheese.

HINT: The dish is done when you can place a knife/toothpick inside and it comes out clean.

No comments: