Friday, October 24, 2008

Fun Fun Fridays

As a stay at home mom I always always look forward to the weekends....especially friday! I guess everyone does in their own way.....those who work get a break (well most people) and I like having my hubby home and getting a break myself! People that are not stay home parents probably think we have it pretty easy....dont get me wrong I am blessed to get to stay home and i wouldnt change it for anything....but it really is a lot of work. I think yesterday I sat down during the day one time.....which was when I was blogging on here! With 4 kids there is just so much to do....but hey it keeps me on my feet. I don't like to be bored. So anyways, back to the topic of weekends.....what do you all like to do???

My favorite thing is DATE NIGHT!!!! I prefer to get out of the house and do anything with my hubby. I am home 24-7 and its good to just get out of here for a few hours! I mean if you had a job would you like to get off work and then go hang out there??? Thats how i feel sometimes! But sometimes just snuggling up on the couch with a movie and going to bed early is a good thing too.

Here are some other things we enjoy:

Fairs/Feasts. A few weekends ago we went to Octoberfest at Ft. Sill. They had rides/moonbounces/games and they all got to pick out a free pumpkin....so it was pretty fun. Of couse it is more fun for the kids than for us but it is fun to watch them.

Game night. Our kids like Monopoly lately....only thing it takes FOREVER to play! Games give us a good change to interact together and just have fun with one another.

Movie Night. Pretty simple entertainment....although it is hard to find a movie we all like. We like to rent and go to the dollar movie. We actually took the baby with us last time to see a movie and he slept the whole time! I took the stroller in and it fit perfectly in the back row next to me!

Cooking a nice meal. I like for us to cook together. All though Zack is usually the only one who likes to cook....he is very interested lately. Which I think is great. Jake is usually our taste tester...a very important job!

Art/Scrabooking. This is the I hardly get to do. If we are bored and it is cold out then the kids will come up with an art project or scrapbook with me. Zack is really the only one who will do this with me. Bailey will scapbook with me if I go to a scrap party...but thats about it.

These are just a few things we like to do.....I need some more good ideas since it is starting to get cold out....my kids will be driving me crazzzyyy with boredum.

No comments: