Monday, October 13, 2008

What a blessing!

Isn't God's unconditional love AMAZING??? Oh, I think so! He continues to bless me and others around me continuously. And he does it sometimes when you are least expecting it! Which I think make for the best kind of blessings.

Last week a friend of mine called me and asked me if I wanted some formula that a woman she worked with had (she had about 10 cans i think). So, of course I said yes because it is expensive! The first thing that I thought of was my friend Michelle from church.

She has a son a bit older than mine---who is normally breastfed but is not interested in nursing at the moment. I had it in my heart to give her half of what I received. So I figured I would just bring it to her the next time I saw her at church. Well, my plans changed! I had this feeling in me to call her all of a sudden to tell her that I had formula that I wanted to give her.

In excitement she said, YES I will take it! I will come by right now (which she just so happened to be in town). Well, come to find out she was out of formula on her way to try and get some goats milk. They were leaving for vacation the next day and had pretty much budgeted their money down to the dollar so she didn't have money left for formula (which she would have used vacation money to get more formula if she needed it but now she didn't need to! ).

Isn't it awesome how God takes care of us when we are in need! Not only did it bless my friend Michelle and her family....but it blessed me for God to use me in such a special way. Glory be to God!

The Holy Spirit was among me, guiding me, telling me what to do. When I had the urge to pick up my phone and call her I have no doubt that it was the Holy Spirit leading me to help God do his work. It is such a blessing to be used in such a wonderful way!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

It was such a blessing!

Yes we had everything budgeted...to realize I didnt buy formula! Ack!

Thank you for listening to Him.