Thursday, October 23, 2008

It's that time of year again folks!

Well it is that time of year again for me...the holidays are coming and I keep on thinking of all of the yummy things we are going to make/eat...lol. It also makes me think.....I don't want to gain any weight! Not that I gorge myself...lol. But holiday food is soooooo bad for you! Just one serving of pecan pie has a large portion of the calories that I eat a day.

I have had it in my mind for a few months that I really do need to start working out. I am at a weight that I like and I would really like to maintain that....and plus gain more muscle and lose the fat! But man, the thought of working out....BLAH! When do I have time to do that! And it is soooooo boring! I am not an athlete...not even close...not to mention the clumsiest person alive...next to my daughter of course...haha. Man oh man I don't want to. I keep on thinking of reasons why I can't work out but I think I have more reasons that I need to....darn that kind of reasoning never works!!!!

Plus, I was reminded...by a certain SOMEONE...who i know loves me, that I am not very healthy. At first, it made me upset b/c I am not overweight, I have had 4 kids and have always lost the weight very fast, and I eat well. But, that is not what he meant. I am not healthy....exercise wise. I have little muscle, get winded easily, and not to mention I am ALWAYS so tired. Tired being the main thing. And let's face it, im not getting any younger people!

So, what to do? I have done CURVES in the past and it was such a huge success! I lost 10 pounds....plus turned most of my fat into muscle (they measure it for you!). It is not even like working out. It was so much fun. You go do a circuit of different machines and walking pads...each for 30 seconds and you do the whole circuit for 30 minutes. I went 3 times a week. They also have games you can do while you are working out on certain days! Plus you meet some good friends going there...we would talk the whole time while working out and the whole time just flew by. Plus my favorite benifit....no MEN! Thats my prob going to the gym....the workout room with the weights was always filled with guys....so I skiped that part. I got to do the treadmill....but that only does so much. Great to lose some weight....but I wanted to gain some muscle. Only problem with Curves is that it is in Duncan and closes at 6.....so no time to go after hubby gets home to watch the kids.....MAN!

Plan B....we have a gym here that has a circuit like Curves that is open 24/7 but I don't want to go if there are a bunch of men there. I will have to ask around....I know a few girls who go there....hmmm maybe we could go together. I will have to think on this one.

Plan C.....work out at home. Well, I have tried this and it never works. I get distracted and give up. I always think of other things I should be doing around the house....or the kids/baby need my attention. I do have a treadmill, which is good for cardio. So if I do decide to do a home workout I need some muscle building equipment. And a plan to stay focused on working out and not giving up 3 times a week!

Someone just needs to build a Curves in Marlow and I will be a happy person!

Working out outside of the home is so much better for me I think. Not only will I be working out but it gets me out of the house for a little bit.....hey I am a stay at home mom....we need a break every now and then! But, we will just have to see what I decide to do.

What do you do for exercise? Do you have any advice....if you do let me know! Oh, if it involves being outside count me out....its starting to get COLD!!!!

I will let you know how things are going next week....hopefully I will have a plan by then.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

SAME HERE> I love curves too. Used to work there! Would love to go back...they need to build one in Bray.

If I ever get to move into town, I'll go work out somewhere with you.

I look forward to hearing what you come up with. For now, I'll just stay a couch potato...but there is hope.

Jill said...

Good bc I need a workout buddy!!!And yes there is always hope!